, pub-2553055199230800, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
top of page

This is us.

I found these two very dated pieces of art at a thrift store. I knew they would be perfect for a makeover.

I painted the frames with Folk Art Chalk Paint in Sheepskin. I distressed the frames and clear coated them with polyurethane. The original images were printed on a heavy cardboard. I thought I could use the same material and paint over the artwork and then stencil it.

This is where I have to show that my plans do not work out every time. When I pulled the vinyl stencil off, it was clear that this was an epic fail.

Th vinyl had pulled off a layer of the cardboard and had pulled up the paint in several other areas. There was no saving this this particular material. So I cut masonite to fit the frames.

I painted the masonite with Rust-o-leum Charcoal Spray Paint.

I recut the art with my Silhouette Cameo 3 machine and reapplied the stencil.

I painted it with the Sheepskin color (same as the frame). Luckily, this time it worked perfectly.

I sanded it just a bit and then put a clear coat of matte polyurethane. I attached the masonite to the frame and it was finished.

I displayed both of them in a show this weekend. They both sold. Now I need to find some more frames!

If you like my blog, please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Just click on any of the social media links above! Thanks for following me on the junking journey!

bottom of page