, pub-2553055199230800, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
top of page

Rock On!

When I saw this chair at an auction, I had not planned on buying it. It was solid but kind of small. When they got to this piece, they couldn't get a bid. I threw out a $10 bid to get it started thinking others would then jump in...they did not. My brother who often attends auctions with me looked at me like I was crazy. I had already bought three vintage trunks and lots of other stuff and he wasn't sure it would fit in the back of my SUV. With a lot of jostling, we got it all in there.

There wasn't anything wrong with the needlepoint on this chair. It was pretty clean too. But, I thought it needed a re-boot.

This pretty little green fabric was a scrap from another reupholstery project. It was just enough!

A geometric pattern can be difficult. Fortunately I had enough fabric to center this on the seat.

I used some tan trim to finish it.

I couldn't paint this beautiful wood. Fortunately it was in great shape and only needed to be cleaned. So my $10 investment paid off. It didn't stay in the shop long at all.

If you like my blog, please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Just click on any of the social media links above! Thanks for following me on the junking journey!

bottom of page