I found this old piano stool at a garage sale for $20. I had never reupholstered something like this before, but I really love the legs on this stool so I thought I would give it a try.
Look at the detail on those gorgeous legs! Cast Iron detail with the wooden spindle. Rock solid. I just cleaned this up. No paint or varnish needed. Just some lemon oil on the wood.
Now to start the reupholstery! This has a velveteen corduroy fabric. It was dirty and clearly the padding was shot. As always, I rip off all the fabric and padding.
I started to cut away the fabric to see what kind of padding. The foam was disintegrated. It was chunks and powder. That's it. What a mess!
I cut new foam to size, covered it with batting and tacked the batting down to the frame of the seat. The seat had a inset ridge on it so stapling the fabric down was pretty easy. I love this fabric. I found a pillow in a local store and Googled a photo of it to find the fabric. I found it online and bought several yards. I have used it on many projects.
I added trim to cover the staples and finished if with nickel upholstery tacks. It sat in the shop for a while, but just sold in the last couple of weeks!
If you like my blog, please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Just click on any of the social media buttons in the sidebar above! Thanks for following me on the junking journey!
Below is an image to pin to Pinterest if you would like to save this idea!
#piano #stool #vintage #music #reupholstered #reupholstery #castiron #wood #trim #fabric #padding #foam #Furniture