How cute is this little footstool? It's a tiny little thing, the needlepoint is so faded, but it's just adorable. I got it at an estate sale on the second day when everything was 50% off.
I removed the top. It was adhered with four screws on the underside of the stool. Very easy to remove.
This fabric had been on there for a while. All the staples were rusty, but they came out pretty easily.
The underside of the fabric show how vibrant the colors once were. This also shows that this piece had gotten wet at some point in its history. Yuk!
This board shows that it was wet at some point as well. The board was sturdy and not at all damaged from the water. It was easy to reupholster with a small scrap of fabric I had had left from another project which can be seen here.
This was the last scrap of the fabric I picked up at Goodwill a while back for 99 cents. I added new foam and batting and reupholstered the top in about 10 minutes.
The base was easy as well. I used Rustoleum Milk Paint in the Eclipse color (two coats) and distressed it and sealed it with a coat of polyurethane. I reattached the upholstered top to the base.
The fabric piece I had left was the perfect size for this stool and the rooster was right in the middle of the swatch—perfection! I love projects like this—super simple and can be done in a day!
Thank you for reading my blog! If you would like to see more, follow me on Facebook, Instagram,and Pinterest! Just click on any of the social media links above! Thanks for following me on the junking adventures!
Below are some links to products I used in this project. Disclaimer: Junk is My Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Below is an image to pin to Pinterest if you would like to save this idea!