Updated: 2 days ago
Look at this funky fluted stool! I just love the legs, but that fabric? Yikes! This stool has been in my stash for a while. Sometimes when you organize your space, some projects get pushed into a corner. That was the situation with this piece. This is a simple makeover, but this fabric has got to go!!!
Olive green scratchy, burlap-like material wouldn't be my choice for anything, but I guess it did go with the tone of the wood. I began by removing the upholstered top of the footstool. I removed the fabric from the wood base.
I painted the base with Rustoleum Milk Paint in the Eclipse color. It took two coats of paint.
I used 60 grit sandpaper to distress the piece. I used Varathane Crystal Clear in the satin finish to seal the paint.
I chose this black and white fabric to upholster the top. The pattern mimicked the square of the footstool and the curves of the leaves completed the feet on the stool.
I reattached the upholstered top to the base.
This project took less than two hours of actual work. I was able to complete it in less than one day. Of course, there was drying time between coats of paint and the coat of poly. I did the upholstery work while waiting for the piece to dry. This turned out really cute. It's small enough to tuck under a chair and just the right size for a time out seat.
Thank you for reading my blog! If you would like to see more, follow me on Facebook, Instagram,and Pinterest! Just click on any of the social media links above! Thanks for following me on the junking adventures!
Below are some links to products I used in this project. Disclaimer: Junk is My Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Below is an image to pin to Pinterest if you would like to save this idea!